Ready to Quit Smoking? How to Kick the Habit for Good
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. But kicking the habit can take more than willpower. These tips and techniques will help you reach your smoke-free goal.
According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention “One of the most important actions people can take to improve their health is to quit smoking, no matter how old they are or how long they’ve been smoking.”
While this bad habit requires more than a strong will, science has provided you with many effective techniques that can help you quit smoking for good.
- Make a plan: Having a clear plan to quit smoking can increase your chances of success. Set a quit date and stick to it.
- Choose a stress-free day to quit: If possible, pick a day when you will have less stress in your life, and let family and friends know so they can support you during this time.
- Know what to expect: Withdrawal symptoms, such as headaches, appetite changes, and difficulty sleeping, are strongest in the first week after you quit. Try to keep yourself busy to resist the urge to smoke.
- Identify your triggers: Knowing what triggers your smoking can help you find healthy alternatives. Chewing gum after coffee, for example, is a good alternative to grabbing a cigarette.
- Try Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT): This type of therapy can help ease the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal and manage cravings. Check Al Ain Pharmacy NRT products and choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Find other ways to relax: Stress is a common trigger for smoking. Mindfulness meditation, yoga, or listening to calming music are great ways to relax without smoking.
- Get moving: Exercise is a great way to distract yourself from smoking and release endorphins in your body that trigger positive feelings.
- Recommit if you relapse: Don’t be discouraged if you aren’t successful the first time. Pick a new quit date and start the process over again.
Nicotine is addictive, so “It isn’t easy, but you can break your dependence on nicotine,” according to mayoclinc.org. If you’re struggling to quit smoking, try one or more of these techniques to help you kick the habit and improve your health once and for all.
For great products and next-level online shopping experience visit our E-commerce website. For more info or details, contact our expert pharmacists to assist you by calling 800500800